Thursday, January 18, 2007

Reality Check Completed and Found Wanting. Thank You Very Much for your Kind Patience.

Well it's been a really busy week in the Artemus household and I haven't had time to get on the computer much. We were going to travel to central Missouri but ice storms kept us at home. So we did what any housebound family with art degrees and obsessions with home decorating would do; we painted the living room. We managed to do it in just two days of actual painting but we have had swatches and color tests stuck to the wall for the better part of a year now. We may be slow but at least we're thorough.

After much agonizing at the altar of Benjamin Moore we went with this orangy/spicy colored glaze. We're very happy with the way it turned out. Maybe not everyone's cup of herb tea but it's a damn site better than the Victorian Funeral Parlor/ Old People's Play Room thing we had going before. I hated that look from the day we did it.



We also got a contract on the albatross of an old building we have in the city that I've been rehabbing for seven years now. That, I assure you, is glorious news. Thank God Almighty, we're free at last! (pending buyer's loan approval)

I have grown to despise that place with every fiber of my being. Years ago I lost count of weekends and vacations spent with my head in some hole over there. In light of my current employment situation, the proceeds of the sale will be donated to the Uncle Artemus Feed My Family and Build a Garage Fund. We close at the end of March. Here's some before and after I went insane.


Ebay has a special deal of .20 cent listing fees today only so I must gather more crap around the house and unload it on the unsuspecting, overpriced shipping paying public. Gotta make a living you know.

No comments: